Sometimes various problems might occur when trying to access the various web pages. One of the most common error, faced by the user is DNS Probe Finished No Internet. Mostly Google Chrome users encounter this types of errors. You are likely to face this when the problem occurs in the DNS Server.
It can be very frustrating for the users when they see this types of message in their screen. However, there is a solution for it. Some of the best solutions are explained here:-
- Change DNS Address to Open DNS
This step has helped many of the users. Follow the instruction below to try this one.
- Look for the network icon in your computer screen at the bottom right side. Click the icon.
- Open “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Click on “Local Area Connection”.
- Then click “Properties”.
- Click on “Protocol Version 4”.
- Select “Properties”.
- Select “Use the following DNS server addresses” from the newly opened window.
- Enter 22.214.171.124 in the DNS server box.
- Then enter 126.96.36.199 in the other/alternate DNS server box.
- Tick on the small square box in front of “Validate setting upon exit”.
- Then you will need to click on “OK” button.
After following the above steps properly, try reloading the page. Above steps have been successful in many cases however if you are still unable to solve then try the following method.
- Clearing the Cache and reinstalling the browser
- To clear the Cache in the Google Chrome
- In your chrome browser, you will find the Menu button placed at the top right side. Click on that.
- Select Settings.
- Then click “Show advanced setting”.
- Check on the small square box in front of what you want to clear. This time you should compulsorily check on Browsing history, Download History, cached image and files and also check on cookies and other site plugin data.
- Click on “Clear browsing data”.
- To clear cache on Mozilla
- Click on the Menu icon on the top right side.
- Click on History.
- Click on Clear recent history.
- Check Cache and cookies
- Click “Clear now”.
- Reboot your router or power cycle the router
- Go to your Router setting.
- Provide the URLS address as follow:
- For TP link: – http://192.168.0.1
- For Micromax: – http://192.168.10.1
- For D-Link: – http://192.168.0.1
- For 3Com:- http://192.168.1.1
- For Linksys: – http://192.168.1.1
- For Netgeat: – http://192.168.0.1.
After logging in, go to the “System Tools”. Then select “Reboot”. Now click on the button – Reboot.
You can also try power recycling your router. Unplug your router and then again plug it to the power source after few minutes.
The above-mentioned solutions are only some of the popular solutions. If you are not still able to solve the problem then you should check your setting on Internet security. There is a chance that your internet security setting is making you unable to access various websites due to the security concern. So, you should check your firewall and internet security setting first for the solution for the fixing dns probe finished no internet error.